Pages


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting back on the Wagon!!

Today is my second day of 100% raw and living foods eating. Right now I am at 37 weeks pregnant. A lot of the experts steer away from advising pregnant and nursing women to transition to raw but for me I saw no other logical choice.

Eating SAD or even cooked vegan food was causing me to have a miserable pregnancy. I have had joint pain(inflammation), bad skin, and hemorrhoids. Finally after I had a week straight of headaches and uncontrollable mucus I said enough is enough. I have been 100% raw before and ironically the first time was during my last pregnancy. That was around the time I first discovered raw. So of course the I didn't know that people discouraged transitioning during pregnancy. Going through this again I can honestly say people need to listen to their own body and do what is right for them as an individual.

Now my head does hurt a little today but as I learned yesterday this is just an indication I need to up my water intake. When I was eating mostly cooked I was depleting my body of hydrating foods. Dehydration can be confused with lots of things. Most of the time people think they are hungry and they are actually dehydrated.

My goal is to get prepared to have a painless unassisted home birth and create an optimal body for nursing my newborn and maintaining my family.
Even though I ate a whole bunch of regrettable junk in the beginning of the pregnancy I still managed to have a green smoothie for breakfast each day. I think the Green Smoothies are what has helped me to come back off the edge.

I decided to journal my day to day until I at least reach 2 months 100% raw and living foods eating. I think it is important to deal with the thoughts and cravings in a positive way. This blog will be my outlet. As of this week I am also staying clear of certain people who I feel are triggers for me to emotional eat. I also can't go to certain stores or watch certain media. It has proven to be unhelpful in my progress.

I have been trying to help others transition themselves to a raw and living foods diet while I struggle with it myself at times. That's why I have new found outlook on what is considered to be transition. For some transition can occur overnight and for others it can take a few years. That is just the reality of cooked food addiction. I am just being honest with myself.



Here is today's Dinner:



Lasagna




Banana Coconut Cream Pie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am part of the Circle of Sisters and found your video about your raw food journey.

That pie looks yummy. Do you have the recipe?