Pages


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 3 100% Raw





Today was just great. It was rainy here but I was still in high spirits. The children have been 100% raw with me these past few days. My daughter(4yrs old) came to me today and after coming out the bathroom and said "Mommy, I boo boo and it was a lot. I feel much better now." I know this can be TMI to some but it just goes to prove that even in her young years she is feeling the changes in her body through eating more raw and living foods. I asked her today was she okay with what she has been eating the past few days and she said yeah. I asked what are your favorite foods and she told me she likes mango, bluberries, cucumbers, bell pepper, celery, and tomatoes. She also mentioned how the raw food was going to make her strong enough to lift the TV and couch. LOL!

Well as far as my son(2yrs old) went today he didn't eat much that wasn't sweet. He seems to be on a savory food strike. Which is weird considering the fact that he was my raw pregnancy and I nursed him raw for the first six months of life.Its Okay cause raw sweets can still be made to include lots of greens and fiber. I give him sweet green smoothies, and raw pie laced with Spirulina powder, avocado, or spinach. He really prefers to eat bananas and dates all day but those dates are no good for his little teeth. I think my mistake with him was during my junk food breakdown I allowed him to taste processed sweets for the first time. I tell you that white sugar is the devil! I know it just needs to work its way out and he will be his old self again.

But you see how much it matters for the parents to set the dietary tone in the house. People are always like my kids won't eat greens. My question to them is do you eat greens? And if so do you eat them in front of the children without complaint?

I also had some comments today about Detox and pregnancy and weither or not I am doing the safe thing for the baby. My response to that was:


As far as toxins building up in the baby that is in my opinion nuts considering the toxins that are in cooked and process food. Not to mention the lack of enzymes and vital nutrient lost from foods that have been depleated by heating. The other thing is I have been raw before and I am not doing a overnight transistion. Most of my diet has been living foods with the exception of the junk food cravings I allowed myself to subcomb to. Also think about it this way Detox is a serious of physical symptoms. If you are not presented with any and you do other things to ease your chances of physical side effects than you should have no problems. Like for one proper food combining. Also staying hydrated. I drink over a gallon of water a day. Then if I wasn't pregnant and just nursing I could take enemas and colonics that would prevent the toxins from coming through my pores. I can however while pregnant scrub my pores by dry brushing and taking steam showers or hot baths alternating with cold water.

Then you have to factor in lifestyle before raw too. I am not detoxing over pork and beef, alcohol, toxic body soaps and purfumes, etc.. These are all factors that contribute to how your detox might be. Another thing is I am not on a detox form of the raw food diet meaning I eat quite a bit of fats and oils and high greens but low fruit. That is one thing that can cause people discomfort is that during transistion they consume more sweets than greens and good fats. I am not aiming to loss weight but to gain it. And you can gain weight on raw trust. That is how I got my daughter to catch up on her growth development about 2 years ago. She was far behind on weight with cooked vegan but she easily absorbed the raw fats with no problems.



Here was todays Dinner Pics:



Key Lime Pie






UnTuna Nori Wrap

No comments: