Pages


Friday, March 19, 2010

QOTW?? What is your favorie Bean or Legume??



One of my favorite beans or legumes is the most versatile there is and that is the Chickpea or in some countries the Garbanzo Bean. It is an all time favorite for our family. I mean eat it raw or cooked. Its great. Rather it is in hummus or made Paneer style with some Indian Spices and Spinach its all great for me. I mean it is definitely high up on the list for staple foods in this house. Its been a long time favorite. This week I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes using chickpeas starting with my Quick and Easy 5 minute Hummus. So the Question for this week is What is your favorite Bean or Legume?







Quick and Easy 5 Minute Hummus


Ingredients:

1 16oz Can Chickpeas(drained) or 1 1/2 cup soaked and sprouted(raw)
3 TSP Tahini(ground sesame seeds)
1 lemon(juiced)
1 clove garlic(minced)
1 TSP Salt
3 TSP Olive Oil
1 tsp Paprika(garnish)
1 Sprig of Fresh Parsley(garnish)

Directions:

Blend all ingredients in a food processor except for paprika and parsley and until smooth. Add pure water for desired smoothness. Serve in bowl garnished with paprika and parsley. You can also drizzle extra olive oil.

Variations:

Add:
Roasted Red Peppers
Sun dried Tomatoes
Roasted Eggplant
etc...

No comments: